Internships in Canada
Canada is an increasingly popular internship abroad destination due to being a modern country, a strong economy and a member of the Group of Eight (G8) and the amount of work experience opportunities available. If you are interested in gaining work experience find internships in Canada for foreigners today. Choose from a range of industries.
Intern in Canada
Are you looking to gain work experience? View internship programs in Canada and apply today.
We have internships in Canada for UK, American and international students, you can apply through our website and gain experience in cities like Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Vancouver. Some placements will require you to pay a fee, or participate voluntarily but there are also paid internships in Canada perfect if you want to gain work experience during a gap year.
There are flexible positions for summer perfect during the uni break, or if you have more time to spare there are one year plus options. If you are researching ideas to gain experience on a gap year, we have fantastic intern placements which will appeal to you. There is a lot of choice, from gaining experience in a city or spending time at a winter resort. Lots of foreigners and internationals apply every year and you can do this via our website today.
There is also a lot to do in your spare time in this country no matter where you are based - another one of the benefits of choosing to interning in Canada.
Top Reasons to Intern in Canada
- Canada is one of the wealthiest countries in the world with the tenth largest global economy
- You will gain valuable international work experience
- There are a range of professional internships and work experience placements which are a great way to gain experience for your CV
- Make yourself stand out to future employers
- Perfect for students and graduates seeking work experience
- Build your skills
- Meet new professional contacts
- Numerous global companies are based in Canada and there are numerous opportunities for you to learn and benefit your future career
There are various different internships available in a wide range of fields including:
- Animal & Wildlife
- Administration & Management
- Advertising, Marketing & Sales
- Arts, Design
- Education & Entertainment
- Charity & NGO
- Media & Journalism
- Social Services
- Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure
Popular Places to Apply
You can apply to join intern programs in 10 provinces and 3 territories. Top rated places to apply include:
- Language: English & French on some placements
- Salary: Unpaid, paid and also some reimbursements
- Working Week: Ususally 10-40 hours
- Program Length: Generally 1-12+ months
- Accommodation: This can be arranged independently or via an employer with an apartment, home-stay or shared accommodation
Internships in Canada are open for UK, American and international students - if you are a Canadian citizen you can also apply for some programmes. Internships in Canada for Indian students can be difficult to get due to visa issues, if you are unsure about eligibility you will need to check visa requirements. To apply you will need to be proficient in both verbal and written English. You will need to make an online application, sometimes a CV / cover letter will be required and a phone/skype interview.
How to Apply
Some companies offer working holiday packages for Canada which include group flights, orientation, visa, job hunting assistance, processing of social insurance number, mail holding service, housing, selected meals, in-country support and assistance from your co-ordinator throughout your time in Canada, a buddy list of other participants before you go, 24 hour support number and contact for emergencies. If you need any help arranging an internship in Canada please get in touch.