Teach in Bhutan
Bhutan is one of the most beautiful destinations in the world and also a popular country to work as a English language teacher. Although the local economy is developing, there is a need for native English speakers.
Teaching, Language & TEFL Jobs in Bhutan
A Guide to Teaching in Bhutan
Teaching jobs in Bhutan can be searched out locally and also also advertised online. You can live and work as a esl teacher in cities and towns throughout the country. Bhutan has to be one of the most spectacular destinations in the world to teach English, view our guide and apply today.
Due to strict visa regulations, to qualify to participate and teach in Bhutan you will need to meet the following criteria:
- English must be your first language
- You must have at least three years of relevant, full-time teaching experience and either:
- A post-secondary degree in the subject you wish to teach (eg. English, or Maths) or a post-secondary degree in Education
- No formal TEFL certification is required but it is beneficial
Other destinations to teach English in Asia are less strict.
Useful Words & Phrases for Teaching in Bhutan
- Hello - Kuzoozangpo La
- Good Bye - Log Jay Gay
- How are you - Ga Day Bay Zhu Yoe Ga
- Thank you - Kaadinchhey La
- What is your name - Chhoey gi Ming Ga chi Mo
- My name is... - Ngegi Ming...
Bhutan TEFL Reviews & Testimonials
Have you ever been to teach in Bhutan? Would you like to share your experience? Contact us today.
"My students are motivated, kind and hilarious. The belief in Bhutan is that education is the only way to improve one's circumstance. My students' kindness, respect and gratitude make my work worthwhile. Replicating their positive attitude helps me to notice the incredible beauty around me...If nothing else; my students have taught me the power of positive thinking and the need for great teachers in every school on Earth..." - Mackenzie Walton, taught English at Tsebar Lower Secondary School in Pemagatshel with