Bahamas Travel Guide
The Bahamas is a spectacular destination made up of over 1,000 islands. Expect friendly English speaking locals, spectacular beaches, a warm climate, luxury resorts and lots of things to do. If you would like to travel to the Bahamas our directory will help you find a dream trip.
Travel to the Bahamas
Get essential travel information, ideas and inspiration if you would like to travel, take a gap year, go backpacking or work, intern, volunteer or study in the Bahamas.
- Capital: Nassau
- Currency: Bahamian dollar (BSD)
- Area: 13,900 sq km
- Population: 303,000 (approx)
- Language: English & Creole
- Dailing Code +1-242
Weather & Best Time to Visit
If you are seeking pure sunshine and heat try to visit the Bahamas during summer when you can expect days to be around 27ºC. November to April is winter in the Bahamas and the weather is not too hot, around 20ºC but you also have to beware of hurricanes
Top Reasons to Visit Bahamas
Visiting the Bahamas will be one of the best choices you can make, the experience is made easier by the fact local people speak English. We have some amazing small group activity holidays and unique travel packages which are perfect if you would like to do more than sunbathing.
Best Places to Visit in the Bahamas
These are some of the most beautiful places to go and top rated tourist attractions:
- Nassau for shopping, entertainment & nightlife
- Abaco Cays
- Andros Island
- Atlantis Resort
- Elbow Cay
- Grand Bahama
- Grand Bahama
- Harbour Island
- Long Island
- Exuma Island
- Eleuthera Island
- Green Turtle Cay
- Treasure Cay Beach often gets voted one of the best beaches in the world
- 3 weeks - 3 weeks / From: € 1750
- Rama Cay
- 1 week - 2 weeks / From: $ 2500
- Grand Bahamas and Abaco Island
- < 1 week - 2 weeks / From: $ 1500
Bahamas Budget Travel Tips
Most things are expensive in the Bahamas,
- Flights: To get the best deals book off season or well in advance to secure the best deals.
- Accommodation: Although the Bahamas is a luxury destination there are still mid-range and cheaper hotels available.
- Activities: Shop around locally for the best prices for day trips and excursions
Health and Safety
The Bahamas is a very safe destination and you shouldn't have any problems with local people, they are very used to seeing tourists and will be very friendly especially when they learn you are there to help. You might want to visit your local healthcare facility prior to departure to check any recommended vaccinations and also pack light clothing and lots of sunscreen - the sun is incredibly hot in this region of the world.
Tours & Trips in the Bahamas
There are lots of trips, tours and adventure travel packages available to book all year round.