Greece Travel, Backpacking & Gap Year Guide
Greece is one of the most popular destinations in Europe with stunning scenery, friendly people, warm weather, spectacular islands and beautiful beaches. Get information, advice and inspiration for the best things to do if you would like to travel, go backpacking or take a gap year in Greece.
Greece Travel Ideas, Backpacking Trips & Gap Year Programs
Travel to Greece
Greece is known as the birthplace of Western Civilization, democracy, the Olympic Games and Western Philosophy which all originated here.
Our destination guide aims to give you all the information you need to have an amazing experience in this amazing country. Find affordable travel and backpacking ideas with advice for amazing things to do and how you can be more than just your average traveller. You can also get recommendations for budget travel tips, tips for places to stay and advice how to stay safe.
Get inspired to visit Greece today!
- Capital; Athens (Population: 116,200 approx)
- Currency: Euro (€) £1 = €1.2 / $1 = €0.7 (approx)
- Area: 132,000 sq km (approx)
- Population: 11,300,000 (approx)
- Language: Greek
- International Calling Code +30
- Climate: Greece has a warm climate, expext the hottest sunny weather in July and August
- Transport: Greece has a good and safe public transport system
Top Reasons to Visit Greece
- Ancient history
- Beautiful beaches
- Some of the most spectacular islands in Europe
- Tasty local cuisine
- Great value for money
Travelling & Backpacking in Greece
If you would like to do more than just sunbathing our unique and inspiring holidays will appeal to you. Find inspiration for the best things to do if you would like to book a holiday, travel or go backpacking in Greece.
Greece is an incredibly diverse country, here are some of the highlights:
- Greece has a vast range of archaeological sites to see, out best choice is the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Island hopping seeing incredible places like Santorini
- Seeing the birthplace of the Olympic games and explore the ruins of Olympia
- Relaxing and enjoy some of the best beaches in Europe
- Checking out the Temple of Apollo at the Delphi Ruins
- In Athens you have to visit the Partheon, this is a stunning temple with great views over the city, wander around the Acropolis, there are lots of ruins and temples (this is the way to the top to see the Partheon), learn more about Greece at the National Archaeological Mueseum or relax at the Kifissias or Parnitha National Parks
- Helping sea turtles
- Popular places to visit include Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Meteora, Delphi, Nafplio and Crete
Gap Year in Greece
Beaches, islands, tasty food, sunny weather, Greece is one of the best destinations to visit in summer especially during summer. Start planning your perfect gap year to Greece.