Senegal Travel Guide, Gap Year Volunteering and Tours
Senegal is located on the West Coast of Africa and is a popular country to visit for people seeking culture and a country relatively untouched by tourism.
Activities, Travel Packages, Gap Years & Eco Holidays in Senegal
We have carefully selected holidays & vacations in Senegal which will provide you with a unique experience
Senegal Destination Guide
- Capital: Dakar
- Currency: Communaute Financiere Africaine franc (XOF)
- Country Size: 196,190 km2
- Population: 10,589,571 (approx)
- Language: French (official), Wolof, Pulaar, Jola, Mandinka
Travel to Senegal
If you have an interest in wildlife, visit the Fathala Reserve which is open all year round. There are various safari holidays here and you will be able to see exotic animals like rhinos, giraffes, antilopes and birds.
View our Africa travel guide.
Types of Programs
- Community development
- Medical & healthcare
Duration / Dates
- All year round
Cost & How to Apply
Some international volunteer organsations offer structured programs where you will need to pay a fee, this generally includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport to and from the airport
- Guidance and mentoring by local staff
- In country support and 24 hour phone number
- Full access to local amenities and facilities
- All equipment
The price does not include:
- Flights, visa expenses and insurance
- Any optional extra activities as mentioned on the itinerary page
- Extra food or treats from the local shop
There are some paid and also free volunteering opportunities in Senegal.