On our marine conservation Scuba diving, Naturalist, Conservationist volunteer program you will be focusing mainly on water-based activities such as coral farming, reef clean up and exploring incredible dive spots such as: Lovina reef, Menjangan Island and Tulamben shipwreck.
Coral farm has new coral fragments (nubbins) growing, regular cleaning is required to keep the algae away. Once they are healthy, the new frames to protect them [called the nursery] can be built. You will be contributing to taking broken coral fragments and giving them a second chance to survive at our nursery. Some frames will remain on our nursery permanently as fish are using them as homes for their juveniles.
Part taking in 'Reef cleans up' is also a vital element to this placement. Keeping the ocean clean and free of old fishing nets will help to restore the natural reefs.
30% Theory-based learning includes assisting the environmental educators' in local schools which will involve practical tasks in and out of the classroom. Outdoor learning will take you onto the local beach and other outdoor community engagement activities!
- Become more insightful and mindful of the deeper meaning of what a teacher is, and to share knowledge to eager humble students
- Create unforgettable memories in Bali, meeting incredible like minded people from all walks of lifeVisit neighbouring islands, such as, Flores, Lembongan, Gili islands and Lombok and see spectacular Hindu temples and experience a culture like no other
- Sunrise and morning boat trip with the local fisherman.
- Clear and warm water is the perfect place for snorkeling and diving. At the volunteer camp we provide all the equipment needed to do these activities. Do not worry if you have limited experience snorkeling or diving, our instructors will be happy to help you
- Waterfalls, there are many waterfalls you can visit with local guides
- Temples, Bali is well known as the island of a thousand temples.
- Beaches, Bali has so many wonderful beaches to offer.
- Balinese markets, visit the traditional village market which starts at 5am every morning. Our local staff will be very happy to show you around.
- Attending local Balinese ceremonies.
Other activities in popular touristic spots such as Canggu, Kuta and Seminyak. Volunteers often choose to spend their weekends off in places like this. There are many hotels, hostels and resorts volunteers can choose to stay in.