Company : Fronteering
Location : Canada, From the Rocky Mountains the northern Arctic
Duration: 2 weeks to 3 months
Approx Costs: 500 to 1500 $ Dollars (US)
This volunteer Project is for those who always wanted to explore the world of dog sledding and the outdoors life!
This will give you the unique experience to help out a small family run husky ranch. Dogsled and snow scooter in the winter and hike, fish and wildlife watch in the summer!
Did you ever want to explore the world of dog sledding and the unique way of living the ‘bush life’? This ranch is extremely popular with young volunteers from around the globe, wishing to experience time with Huskies. They are in need for volunteers year round. The work with the dogs and on the ranch is physically demanding and it is by no means an easy holiday option! The minimum is 2 weeks and maximum is 12 weeks. Please consider that you will be surrounded by nature & wildlife. If you like to bike and hike amongst amazing sceneries then this is the place for you (There are endless trails)!
All year round
- Accommodation and meals included in the placement including the use of wireless internet.
- Go dog sledding!
- Play with and care for Huskies!
- Snowscooter and ATV
- Enjoy the amazing nature of Northern Canada!
- Required to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks
- NO SMOKING is allowed on the property.
- Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humour, dependable, physically and mentally fit.
- Age: 19-30
- No animal allergies
- Extreme Weather (heat & cold), dirt and living in a remote area must be something you can handle.
- A love for animals and some general experience of caring for an animal is a must!
- Must read and agree to abide by guidelines and ethics
- Good communication skills and the ability to work alone
- Some Dog Handling experience required!
- Fluent knowledge of the English
- A valid driver’s license would be an asset, but is not required
There are no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one