Company : Fronteering
Location : Ontario, Canada
Duration: 4 weeks to 3 months
Approx Costs: 750 to 1500 $ Dollars (US)
Join us now and become a volunteer to participate at our Wildlife project located in the beautiful and lake filled Ontario not far from Canada's famous great lakes! Seize this amazing opportunity to help, rescue and rehabilitate orphaned and injured animals!
This wildlife center specializes in the care and rehabilitation of small to large animals. As a volunteer, it is important to remember that the project needs help all year round therefore it has shown that the work with the wildlife on the facility is physically demanding and it is by no means an’ easy holiday option’!
The minimum duration is 4 weeks and maximum duration of stay is 12 weeks. This gives the animals enough time to get acquainted with you and it also gives you enough time to fully grasp the tasks and duties designated to you
All year round
04 weeks: $995 US
06 weeks: $1,095 US
08 weeks: $1,195 US
10 weeks: $1,295 US
12 weeks: $1,395 US
• Volunteers will learn about many species of Ontario’s wildlife and get hands on experience involving caring for orphaned and injured animals/wildlife. You will learn about the challenges the animals face, and can share with others how they can help to decrease the impact on them.
• Volunteers also get the opportunity to work outdoors in a beautiful rural setting
• Required to commit to a minimum of 4 weeks and no more than 12 weeks
• Must complete 2-4 days of training and shadow a senior volunteer before starting independent shifts
• NO SMOKING is allowed on the property.
• Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humor, dependable, physically and mentally fit.
• Age: 18+
• No animal allergies
• Current tetanus vaccination
• Good physical stamina and health.
• A love for animals and some overall experience of caring for an animal is a must!
• Must read and agree to abide by guidelines and ethics
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of the English
• Training is provided.
• A valid driver’s license would be an asset, but is not required
There are no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one